Floor coverings in modern design are represented by a variety of substances, many of which resemble natural timber in their own characteristics. The leading place among this chic variety is taken by tiles imitating laminate. It’s manufactured artificially using natural raw materials. Due to the rich selection of textures and colors, such flooring appear spectacular and stylish, and match with any style of room layout.
Advantages and disadvantages
The massive demand for flooring tiles beneath laminate is explained not just by their own presentable appearance, but also by a range of benefits. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from traditional ceramics and organic solid wood, so it is frequently employed as the primary element for decorating flooring.
One of the favorable properties of this material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coat doesn’t wear off and doesn’t lose its attractiveness after 50 years;
- security in program. The planks are resistant to elevated temperature fluctuations, they do not catch fire;
- neutrality to compound influences https://1popechi.ru/. The material is impermeable to water, therefore it’s not a favorable place for the creation of fungus and mould;
- excellent thermal insulation. Such coatings are suitable for the system”warm floor”, as they consist of clay, which at high temperature Can conduct heat well;
aesthetics. In look, the tiles aren’t inferior to flooring made from pure stone or wood.
However ideal this material is, it is not devoid of downsides.
The main disadvantages of synthetic laminate can comprise:
- The high cost. The product, that can last more than a dozen years is pricey, but in performance, these prices are certain to pay off;
- low rates of noise insulation.
So far, tile under the laminate is produced of two types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The very first version of the coat is obtained by the technology of monocottura.
This sort of product is characterized by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
In addition, the ceramic flooring is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
In terms of porcelain stoneware, it is produced of special varieties of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. Such boards are burnt and pressed under high pressure. The result is a durable and beautiful finishing substance.
The two types of boards exactly replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but occasionally square ones are available.